Frequently Asked Questions


Where is the university?

University has its campuses in Sveti Nikole and Bitola.

Can I visit the university before I enroll?

Of course, our working hours are from 08:00 to 15:00 Monday to Friday and from 09:00 to 14:00 on Saturdays.

If you want to talk to one of our professors, in order to give you advice about your career choice, please contact us before coming in order to better prepare your visit.

Also note that every year in March and April, we have open days with organized buses for high school graduates from many parts of North Macedonia. Follow us to be always up to date with our events.

Which faculties and departments

Undergraduate studies

  1. Faculty of Economics and Organization of Entrepreneurship
    • Organizational management (4 + 1)
    • Finances and Credit (4 + 1)

    Faculty of Psychology

    • General Psychology (4 + 1)

    Faculty of Computer sciences

    • Software Technology (3 + 2)
    • Computer Systems and Networks (3 + 2)

    Faculty of Safety engineering

    • Safety at Work (3 + 2)
    • Fire Safety (3 + 2)

    Faculty of Law

    • Legal Studies (3 + 1)

    Post-graduate studies

    Faculty of Economics and Organization of Entrepreneurship

    • Marketing Management (4 + 1)
    • Human resources management in small and medium enterprises (4 + 1)

    Faculty of Psychology (one-year course)

    • Clinical and counseling psychology (4 + 1)
    • Psychology of Social Protection (4 + 1)

    Faculty of Psychology

    • Clinical and counseling psychology (3 + 2)
    • Psychology of Social Protection (3 + 2)

    Faculty of Safety engineering

    • Safety at Work (3 + 2)
    • Fire Safety (3 + 2)
What are the costs of students living in Sveti Nikole and Bitola?

Costs depend on the type of accommodation you choose and your personal lifestyle. University offers accommodation in their own student dorms, so students often rent apartments or travel for lectures. Prices for accommodation and food are low, so students do not have big financial costs.

What are the costs of students who travel daily to the lectures?

The lectures are adjusted for students who travel. Depending on the faculty at which the student is enrolled, classes are held 2 to 3 days per week. Students often jointly organize and come with a private car, bus, taxi etc.


Which documents are needed for enrollment on undergraduate studies?

When applying for enrollment on the first cycle, candidates should submit the following documents:

  •   Diploma of passed state, school or international matura exam (matriculation examination) or an equivalent;
  •   High school transcripts for each of the 4 years;
  •   Birth certificate;
  •   Citizenship certificate;
  •   4 small color photos;

For international students additional documents might be necessary.

Which documents are needed for enrollment on postgraduate studies?

When applying for admission to second cycle, candidates should submit the following documents:

  • Certificate (diploma) of graduation/bachelor’s degree;
  • A diploma supplement (academic transcript);
  • Birth certificate;
  • Copy of ID card;
  • 4 document photos

For international students additional documents might be necessary.

Which is the last date for enrollment on the university?

The registration and submission of documents for registration is done till 15th of September for undergraduate degree and till 31th of October for the postgraduate degree.

Can the students enroll with a school examination?

If the quotas are not filled for enrollment at the ISU in the first enrollment period, according to the laws in Republic of North Macedonia in the second session students which have passed the school final examination can enroll.

How much is the annual fee for study?

The annual fee for studying at all Faculties is 1030 euros for undergraduate and 1530 euros to postgraduate studies, except for the Faculty of safety engineering, where participation is 1230 euros for undergraduate and 1,730 euros for postgraduate studies. Upon payment of the sum in cash, the students receive a discount of 10%, and for two or more members of the same family a discount of 20% can be authorized. This amount covers all expenses for study.

What is included in the annual fee for study?

The annual fee covers all expenses for study, and includes:

  • Student’s record book
  • Verification of semester
  • Signing up for a course
  • Examinations for the courses
  • Project activities (papers, essays …)
  • Certificates of any kind
  • Account on the E-Learning system (free materials and scripts for the courses)
  • Membership in the University Library
  • Internship
  • Documentation for work abroad as a student
  • Life insurance
  • Membership in the Students’ Association of Slavic University
Can I enroll with a scholarship?

ISU announces each year a competition for full and partial scholarships to talented graduates. The competition for scholarships for the academic year 2017/2018 will be published in October 2016.

The Model of testing is different each year and will be released with the competition for scholarships. For new information you can follow us on Facebook and on our website.


Who could transfer from another university

The right to transfer all students from other faculties in North Macedonia and abroad.

Do they recogniza the examinations passed on another university, if the student transfers to ISU

If the passed exams coincide with the study programme at our faculty on which you want to make a transfer then passed exams are fully recognized.

How can I know in whick year I can enroll

The year in which you will enroll depends on the number of exams you have passed and the programme on which you have previously studied.

According to the number of passed exams that correspond to our programme , the Dean of the Faculty shall decide that the student can be enrolled.

For the Dean to make a decision, the student must submit Transcripts of previous passed exams to our Student Affairs offices.

What if some courses are different?

If the student enrolls, for example, in the third year – then he begins to follow the lectures of that year. But if the programme in which he previously was studying is not completely compatible with our courses and he has not earned courses from first or second year in our programme , the student must pass the exams in one of the sessions. For taking exams from previous academic years , you must pay MKD 1.000 for a courses.


Is ISU a Russian university

International Slavic University “Gavrilo Romanovich Derzhavin” is official Russian partner university with the Tambov State University “G. R. Derzhavin” from the city of Tambov, Russia.

Are the diplomas from ISU Russian?

Diplomas issued by the ISU are Macedonian diplomas. Nonetheless, we also offer a programme for dual diplomas for our students from the faculties of economics and psychology. The students have a chance of acquiring both a Macedonian and a Russian diploma.

What are the conditions for earning dual diplomas

To gain a double degree, it is necessary to pass the exams in Macedonian, and additional exams in Russian programme . If you wish to acquire a Russian diploma it is required, when enrolling, to inform our employees in order for the necessary documents to be prepared beforehand. Studying to earn a double degree, is paying in addition to full participation, an extra 500 euros annually.

If you have further questions about the studying and the double degree programme, please contact our offices for Student Affairs in Bitola: +389 47 238 077 or Sveti Nikole: +389 32 440 202.

Are the diplomas earned at the ISU recognized abroad?

The diploma which the student will earn after graduation on the Faculty of ISU is accredited in all countries in which the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) of study is present. Many of our colleagues with degrees from ISU work in Germany, Austria, Great Britain, Sweden, Norway, USA, New Zealand, Australia, etc …

How to survive the first semester?

A semester is a part of the academic year when the courses take part. The academic year is divided into two semesters: the first semester (September to December) and second semester (February to May). Follow the instructions and recommendations for studying on our web-site and the first semester will be a pleasure for you.

How are the lectures organized?

Students from every department usually have lectures 2 to 3 days during the week, which is practical for those students who travel.

The lectures are held according to the following scheme:

First semester

  • six weeks of lectures (mid-September to end October)
  • a preparatory midterm exam week
  • a partial exam week (early November)
  • six weeks of lectures (mid-November to mid-December)
  • a preparatory midterm exam week
  • a partial exam week (end December)

Second semester

  • six weeks of lectures (mid-February to mid-March)
  • a preparatory midterm exam week
  • a partial exam week (end of March)
  • six weeks of lectures (beginning of April to mid-May)
  • a preparatory midterm exam week
  • a partial exam week (end of May).
When will the schedule for lectures be published?

The schedule for the classes is published one week before the start of the semester and is available to students through the e-learning system.

How to pass the midterm exams?

For passing midterm exam, students need to be enrolled as regular students. Part-time students are not required to attend school and have no right to take midterm exams- they only take exams in all courses. midterm exams are midterm tests of knowledge that are conducted twice during the semester:

  • First midterm exam – in the middle of the semester, or after 6 weeks of lectures
  • Second midterm exam – at the end of the semester or after 6 weeks new lectures

To have the possibility to pass the second midterm exam, the first midterm exam should be passed. Students, who have not passed the midterm exams, must pass the midterm exam in test sessions.

By passing the two midterm exams, students are not required to take a written exam.

The terms for the midterm exam are published in E-learning.

What materials to use for the exams?

Most of the literature suitable for the faculties, as well as presentations of the lectures are available on our system for e-learning and they are free. Literature which is not available online can be found at the bookstore at the university.

The university also has its own library where some titles are available which are related to courses. Renting a book from the library is free and students are only required a student’s record book to take a book.

When are the exams and how to register them?

One academic year has two exam sessions and two additional exams as well.

The first exam session is in January and the exams are related to the lectures from the first semester.

If the student does not pass the exams in January, they can be tested in April’s session. For passing an exam in the April’s session, students do not pay penalties.

Second exam session is held in June and students pass exams from the lectures of the second semester. If the student does not pass the exams in June, they can pass them in September’s session – also without payment of penalties. In these sessions, exams from the first semester also can be taken.

Before the session, regardless of whether the student has previously passed two midterm exams, exams should be registered electronically (E-learning). The results of the exams will arrive on the account of the student as soon as the professor announces them.

When will the terms for exams be announced?

The exact dates for the exams are announced one week before the exam session and will be available to students in the e-learning platform.

Are students in the faculties of ISU attending internship?

All students at ISU have regular internship during their studies, which is organized in collaboration with many institutions and companies in North Macedonia.

During the summer, students have independent practical work and choose a company or institution where they will work. They can choose any of the institutions with which the University has an agreement or institution of their choice.

The internship is free and the only cost arises buying Practical Diary (annually) which costs  MKD 100.

I need the help of a professor...

Do not hesitate to seek help from the professor at any time. Professors at ISU are flexible and always available, and since the first day of registration you have access to a list of their contact telephone numbers and email addresses.


How are the grades formed?

The formation of final assessment on any course is earned through a set of points scored by midterm exams, points of order and activity of lectures and term paper points or extra task / project etc. The establishment of an assessment of the courses for regular students is determined by the following principle:

The evaluation is based on the scoring points during the semester.

First midterm exam (35 points)

+ Second midterm exam (35 points)

+ term paper (10 points)

+ Regularity of teaching (10 points)

+ Activities (10 points)


Maximum points = 100

Below are the estimates based on the number of points:

Grade 6: 51-60 points

Grade 7: 61-70 points

Grade 8: 71-80 points

Grade 9: 81-90 points

Grade 10: 91-100 points