Dear students, future academic citizens
First of all, the main mission of each university is to create people, professionals and intellectuals who after completion of higher education can get involved in social and economic life and significantly contribute to the development of the community.
The International Slavic University “Gavrilo Romanovich Derzhavin” has a great responsibility regarding the young people who will spend the next years at the University to acquire knowledge and skills, in exchange for ideas. Besides knowledge, our university also offers acquiring the first more serious life experiences. Therefore, as a responsible higher education institution, we are always open to changes and new ideas.
The profession you choose will likely make your major changes throughout your career. Therefore, your education must be flexible, of excellent quality and in accordance with the standards of the higher education.
The contemporary concept of education implies lifelong learning. The academic community is universal and global. It is not related only to our university or state. Being a student today means being a citizen of the world. The globalization and high-speed high-tech development also reflect higher education and study. The knowledge you receive at university must be applicable everywhere in the world, and must be relevant for the next fifty years. Therefore, contracts for teaching, science and research have been signed with various universities. One of them, as our strategic partner is the Tambov State University, and for many years we have been functioning successfully as a Corporate University with the possibility of earning a double degree.
We live in a knowledge society and the knowledge is the most important business resource that divides the world into spheres that belong to the poor and the rich, the successful and the unsuccessful. You are now in a period of your life when you have to gain high quality education. With good education you will improve and facilitate your life and you will expand your perspective and enhance your abilities.
We invite you to join the large number of active students in all our study programs and cycles of studies (undergraduate and master), and to join the team of fifty leading professors and associates, as well as 20 professionals from the administrative and technical services with whom you will meet every day and share your beautiful moments. These people will unselfishly help you to solve all the uncertainties that will be an inevitable part of your student life.
On behalf of the university, I wish you good luck!
Rector of the International Slavic University,
Professor Lence Petreska, PhD
Rector’s Role and Responsibilities
The Rector is the managing body of ISU. The Rector represents the university in the country and abroad. The Rector is elected among the professors by publishing a public announcement. The Rector is elected for a term of three years, and she/he is entitled to one more re-election. The Rector is elected by free, direct and secret elections by the members of the scientific and teaching councils of the units.
The Rector within the management of the university:
- harmonizes the higher education, artistic, scientific – research and applied activity and other work of the university;
- executes the decisions and conclusions of the Senate;
- initiates gatherings of the Senate;
- submits proposals, decisions and other general acts to the Senate and the Rector’s Office, as well as conclusions on issues whose review and resolution is in their competence;
- decides on financial and material matters that are not within the competence of the university’s Senate;
- promotes PhDs;
- awards on behalf of the university;
- invites, proposes the agenda and presides with the sessions of the Rector’s Board;
- proposes the election and dismissal of a vice-rector;
- suspends the dean or director of a university unit for non-compliance with the law, the Statute, general act or decision of the university and appoints a temporary acting dean, that is director of a university unit;
- proposes the election and dismissal of a secretary general of the university;
- appoints a temporary dean, that is director of the university unit;
- leads the international cooperation of the university and initiates cooperation with other universities in the country and abroad;
- authorizes the vice-rectors to exercise part of their rights and obligations;
- performs other activities determined by the law, the Statute and other general acts of ISU.